Never Been Kissed



All right, let me start off with admitting that I have been kissed.  It has been a short while since I'd seen the movie Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore and I was sucked into it as I always get.  It is funny how some movies can do that with me.  It was kind of ironic, being I was working on a new book that takes place back in 1988 and this movie touches on the 80's.  As I was absorbed watching my mind had a chance to leisurely think about my writing and organize my ideas in my head.  This is something I've needed badly.  Hopefully this down time will lead to some productivity.

This week I've been able to bounce off ideas for my new book.  Now I just need to get ideas onto paper.  My board is a mess with ideas scribbled on it.  It was a nice trip down memory lane as I researched and made sure movies, music, etc. matched with what in my head remembered.  In doing this more of the plot developed.  In talking about my idea for the cover, a friend had an awesome suggestion for the cover.  I hope that it comes out as neat as it is forming in my head.  When it is done, I believe it will be my best cover yet.

T.E.D. is literally weeks away.  I've been so thankful to have so much support.  There are still some major hurdles to get over.  Earlier this week I was feeling rather frustrated and thinking the book was going to crash and burn.  It is during these times that I need to breathe.  I've been glad to have a friend step in that is willing to be straightforward and tell me what I need to hear. 

Super Bowl Sunday is tomorrow and the Seahawks will be playing for the second time ever.  I will be staying home with Cooper and hopefully writing while the game is on. 

Oh yeah!  The picture at the beginning of this post was something I'd seen someone post on Facebook a while back and liked.  When I was messing around with Picasa one evening I put the border on it.

Comments

  1. I agree with the pic saying wholeheartedly. Never been kissed was a cute movie. Loved the book T.E.D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here from the T.E.D. release party and the meme picture caught my eye. I couldn't agree more. (also I get the concern/disappointment of not many comments to the blog). Good luck with the new release.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts