A Rut, a Gut and Now What?




It seems as if just about everybody I know has been to see Jurassic Park in 3-D.  Unfortunately, I have not been to see it myself.  I’ve always been one to be down on the rerelease of movies into the movie theater, though ever so often one come around and I feel inclined to go a see it.  Though it has been over ten years since there has been a movie I felt like this with, not counting remakes of movies, which I consider to be something entirely different.

Jurassic Park is one of these movies.  When it comes to this movie, I’ve lost count of how many times I have watched it.   I can remember during a break when I was going to college watching it three times in a row while playing Zoo Tycoon on my computer.  This reminds me, I’ve not sat around and played a game like that in at least a decade!  Not to digress though and getting back onto the topic of Jurassic Park.  It has always been one of those things my brother and I share a liking for and as we get older I feel it important to maintain anything I can find in common with him.  Though there are plenty of things we share, I feel too often like we are two strangers.   Again, I need to keep from digressing.  Such has been my problem as of lately when I sit down to write.  I can remember reading the book prior to the movies release and I loved the book so much, I had to go to the first showing of the movie with some friends, than again with my family the next day.  Since then it seems like at least once a year my brother or I will be watching the movie or reading the book, prompting the other to do the same.  Fond memories, a favorite movie, cool dinosaurs.... There are so many reasons I want to go see Jurassic Park.

Over the last couple of weeks, it has been a struggle to get back into my workout routine.   I am not sure if this is because I am running solo or I am in a funk of sorts when it comes to working out.  Today I started reading a new book and the time seemed to go by quickly.  Each morning it has been a real push to get myself motivated to get up and hit the gym.  I am determined and hope to get back into the weight loss streak.   Especially with summer right around the corner, being as soon as next month the pool weather will be starting. 


Much to my delight Drifting I finished and into editing.  It is a book I’ve wanted to write since I finished writing Finding Our Way, thus I believe was my motivation to write the 105,000 words that would be Tormented Discovery to follow.  The feedback I have received on Drifting so far has been pretty much glowing reviews.  From the time I started jotting down notes and the feeling I still have is that my readers will not be disappointed by the book!  I am delighted to be going through edits and getting the book ready to publish.  As it wraps up I wonder if I will be sad not interacting with these characters I created a year ago and I have been pretty much writing about since.

My friends keep advising me to take a break.  The idea of doing this does not sound too appealing to me.  As I have found myself literally crashing the last couple of evenings, I think my body is making its stance that it is time I take a break.  That being said, as of this afternoon, right now to be exact, I have decided to put aside the book I’ve been working on and take a breather from writing.  Not too long though, a promise I am going to make to myself.  Long enough to take care of the piling up things I’ve wanted to do from stuff I need to get done to things I would like to make progress with.  Yes, this includes some drawing as well as some reading.   Or that is my plan for the next couple of weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts