With each passing year, it seems as if time passes by quicker.  This past year has gone by in a blur and as I am sitting here with a cup of coffee attempting to wake up and reflecting, it has been a great year.

For me as an author, I published Tormented Discovery at the first of the year.  The book was received well, gaining several reviews within a couple months of release.  Hayden quickly became many reader's favorite character, as seen by all the fan mail he generated ranging from how much people adored him to speculating about Ryan and him in the future.  Although I have disappointed several people by not having any further books planned with him, I must reiterate that I never know what ideas will pop into my head.  About six months later I published Drifting, a book I had long wanted to write and share with the world.  The story itself had several elements I have never seen in any other book within the M/M genre at any age.  Anyone who has read this book has loved it and has had nothing but praise for it.  I was delighted to take readers through a gay relationship that has well past the "honeymoon phase" and explore what happens when two people who have be so important to each other are struggling with whether or not to work it out or call it quits.  Ian was a character I was glad to be able to share with readers and hope that those who think to be gay means to be sexy and thin realize gays come in all shapes and sizes.  Ryan has been adored by many and from what I have gathered the readers are forgiving me for how things played out with him and Hayden.   I wish that I could gain more readers beyond those who have read the previous books in the series.  There have been many times I have thought about publishing the book under a different title in order to gain more readers.  Every time I get to thinking about it, I spend hours thinking about how I could rework it to release it as an individual book. 

As in regards to social media, I've hit several milestones.  My website, where this blog is located went through a major overhaul (and I hope to make some more changes over the next couple of months), improving the site immensely.   Traffic to my website went from 1545 visitors as of January 14, 2013 to 33076 as of this moment.  After creating my Facebook author page I hoped to reach 300 likes by the end of the year, as of today I have 525 Likes.  My own Facebook page went from having 324 friends to gaining another 401.  Twitter is something I feel I am horrible with, I have managed to get 377 followers.

In my personal life... Cooper, Cooper, Cooper!  Anyone who knows me, knows it does not take much to get me to talk about my doghter (dog daughter), who has enriched my life so much.  She is growing up to be such a wonderful dog.  I've been so glad that my friends have appreciated my posting pictures of her.  I've been fortunate enough to take several trips, many of them to the coast.  I have had fun in Westport, Long Beach, Seaside, New Port, Cannon Beach, Lincoln Beach, Warrington, Astoria and others in between as well as the ones in California I cannot recall the names of.  I must mention again how Crater Lake was breath-taking!  Most recently I got to see The Goonies house in person, a favorite of mine since I was a kid (and I'll leave it at that).

Life has been such a whirlwind since even before my vacation has started.  I must be going. 

Happy New Year to you!  Thank you for your continued support!

Comments

Popular Posts