Welcome Dylan Sterling from PIECES OF US


My name is Dylan Sterling.  I am one of the main characters in Jayson James’ upcoming book Pieces of Us.  With a name like Dylan, you might be inclined to think that I’m a boy, but let me assure you that I am a true 100% girl.  It is also imperative that I share with you, the reader that I am only writing this so Jesse will quit nagging me about doing a promo spot.


Let me share a little bit about myself.  I love books.  Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved to read.  I always have a few books with me at all times.  Nothing is worse than getting through a book and not having something else to read for me.  Books give me a chance to let my mind wander off to another place. I am trying to rub my love of reading off on Jesse, so far, well he’s just not that into it unless I read them to him.  Which leads me to my other favorite past time, hanging out at the lake.  The dock in particular.  Sanders Lake is beautiful.  Whether sitting or lying on the dock, dangling my feet it, it is mine and Jesse’s spot to be.  Three to four months out of the year we spend a lot of time at or in the lake.


Set in the summer of 1988, pop culture is prevalent and life was different than it is today.  Pieces of Us is about two best friends, Jesse Stetson and myself and the summer when our lives both changed.  For me, after a series of dating I finally find a boyfriend, who is sweet, charming and an all-around nice guy.  Yes, and as Jesse wants me to include he has a hot body.  For Jesse, he is dealing with an internal turmoil that he is afraid to admit to himself and furthermore makes it impossible for him to share with anyone else. Lucky for him, he has me. I make sure to be there for him and try to help him as much as I can. We are like two peas in a pod. Being a teenager can suck a lot at times, but friends and boyfriends can make it a little easier.
A few interesting facts about Pieces of Us


·         All of the businesses named in the book were all quite popular and at their heyday during the time this book takes place, yet all of them are out of business or were bought out by another company and the names changed.  The exception to this are the places of business that are used in most of Jayson James’ other books.


·         The font that is used on the front cover of the book is named Cooper.  The name of the font wasn’t noticed until after it was determined to be used.


·         All the movies and songs that are mentioned in this book were actual ones the author was interested in at the time.  They were also cross-referenced to make sure the timing, dates and popularity were remembered correctly.


Be sure to keep a watch out for Pieces of Us, which will release on September 20, 2014, which also  is Jayson James’ birthday!

Pieces of Us is available for preorder now from both Amazon and Smashwords.




  


Comments

Popular Posts